It has truly been an honour to represent the Community of Bolton as both Area and Regional Councillor since I was first elected in October 2000. I would like to thank the residents of Ward 5 for putting their trust in me for many years. I am committed to continuing my work as “Servant of the People” I am so privileged to represent on Caledon Town Council and at the Region of Peel.
During my years on Council, I have gained invaluable experience at both the Local and Regional level. Having served on many committees, I have had many opportunity to work closely with residents including youth groups, senior groups and local business owners in order to move our community forward. Some of the committees I served since being elected include:
Chair of Health Services in Peel Region
Social Services Peel Living
Vice Chair of Public Works
Governance Relation Committee
The Seniors Committee
Director of the Humber River Hospital Foundation Board
Member of the Accessibility Committee at the Region of Peel
The Executive Director of the ETA Vaughan Women’s Shelter
Over the years, I have been committed to volunteering my time with a variety of community organization that keep our community vibrant and engaged. I have lead various fundraising initiatives that have supported local community groups and events. Some of the community organizations include:
Caledon Meals on Wheels
Bolton Wanderers Soccer Club
Che’s Place Youth Centre
Caledon Arts and Culture Committee
Stage Academy Theatre Association
Meaghan Zaremba Music Room
White Birch School Fundraising Committee
Bolton Midnight Madness Committee
Raised for Vera Davis Centre Bus.
Raised for a Shop with a Cop Christmas Program.
Raised for Caledon Community Services with supporting the O.P.P Golf Tournament.
- Developed and Secured Funding for Che’s Place Youth Center.
- Renaming Kingsview Park to Ruth and Richard Hunt Park.
- Housing for Special Need Committee.
- Fundraising for White Birch School.
- Secured funding from Mars Canada Improvements – Caledon Animal Shelter.
- Proposed Arts and Culture Center Committee.
- Challenger Field for Special Needs Project.
- Advocate to reinstate School Buses at St. Nicholas School.
- Supports Local Youth Employment Initiatives, resulting with youth to get a better future.
- Secured Sponsorship for Indoor Community Bocce Court Project.
- Secured Sponsorship for Meaghan Zaremba Music Room.
- Secured Sponsorship for Jason’s Quest.
- Secured Stage Academy Theater Association Annual Sponsorship.
- Secured Bolton Kinsmen Santa Claus Parade Annual Sponsorship.